Powered by Blogger.
Just a 21 year old, BYU-Idaho student, from San Diego, trying to figure out my life. Join me in the adventure!

Another Day on Afognak Island

 Running out of blog titles...someone help me, ha!

Yesterday, we woke up a little late, around 9:00 A.M, got ready, ate breakfast, and then started our day of working. We cleaned Cabin 2, picked up pine cones, and tilled a rock garden. We also made ourselves hot panini type sandwiches for lunch which were delicious and cleaned up all the lunch stuff that was put out!

Around 7:00 P.M, we ran into Luke and the guys and Luke asked us if we could make dinner and said he was craving pizza. It was already 7:00 P.M and we thought he'd already started on dinner, but we got right to work making pizza. Corseina is real serious about her cooking and so she had me doing stuff and I felt like a sous chef! It was her recipe, so I was fine with it this time, but if it's my recipe, I'll probably take charge a little too, since I'm sorta the same way in the kitchen, haha! But I really didn't mind this time and it was actually fun trying to get this whole dinner ready for everyone as fast as we could!

When they came in to check and see if we were done, they were pleasantly surprised with how good the pizzas looked and with how everything was set up and ready to go. They loved the pizzas and couldn't get enough of them! Corseina also made this really good salad that everyone was happy about!

After dinner, the guys helped us clean up. I LOVE that they always offer to help! Gosh, I really need to marry someone that helps cook and clean up after and actually has the ability to cook too, haha.

After dinner clean up, it was already around 10:00 P.M, so we headed upstairs and I exercised on the eliptical while I watched "Because I Said So" on the upstairs T.V. I felt so happy being alone working out, watching a chick-flick! It just felt surreal that I was in a cabin, working out, watching a movie, and getting to do whatever I wanted after getting all that work done. I was happy that Corseina joined me though. I finished making my chain that's a countdown for how many weeks I have left here (which I didn't make because I hate it here or anything, I just think it'll be fun to see the weeks go by) and we did some exercises while we watched the movie.

Brian ended up coming up and doing pull ups on the bar that's attached to the ceiling and he showed me how to go upside down on the machine that you literally strap yourself into and you can hang upside down. I love that machine and can already tell that I'll be in it a lot, haha! Brian is a really fun guy! I wrote this down in my Ipod last night so I could remember what I was thinking about him and about my day yesterday. It's a little sparatic and not well written but I'll type it out!

I wrote, "He's one of the most interesting people that I've ever met. I love his enthusiasm for life! He said he's nannied children. He loves babysitting and being around kids. He goes with families to ski resorts and takes care of the kids while the parents ski and lives with them for the week and cooks the kids breakfast and stuff! He's done so many awesome things! He's also worked as a gymnastics coach for a summer camp just like the job I was offered and he's worked for National Geographic with the show Ultimate Survival Alaska. He loves pandas and wants to own China so he can therefore own all the pandas since China owns all of them in the world, haha! Everything he says is hilarious! I'm really glad that I'm becoming friends with him!"

Here's a picture I took of him. He was like, "I'm gonna go read upside down." Well, okay...



I really do work with some really cool and interesting people! This whole experience is extremely interesting in general. It's like nothing I've ever experienced before and I'm really thankful for this opportunity!

No comments