I have way too much to write and way too little time to write it!
I'm just going to summarize the past few days quickly because I've got to get out into the garden and plant vegetables and stuff.
Luke, Brian, and Shannon all left from like Tuesday to Friday, so it was just Jordan, Corseina, and I here at the lodge, which was pretty much the best thing ever! I wish it would have lasted longer, but I did miss Brian and everyone else a bit, so I'm glad they're back, but it was just super laid back with only us three here.
The day that they left Jordan and I got the sauna running and then went on the boat. We drove the boat over to this sailboat that was near our part of the island and were gonna say hi, but we didn't want to socialize and also didn't want to have to have them come over to the lodge, if we knew them, so we just turned around and found a good fishing spot. I caught 2 fish within literally 5 minutes. Probably more like 4 minutes. It was CRAZY!!!
I just dropped the line in, bobbed it for about 30 seconds while I reeled up after every 15 bobs or so, and then a fish would bite within about a minute or two. When I go fishing when I get back home I'm going to be really impatient because you catch fish here SO FAST! And they're HUGE! And Jordan said that the ones I caught (which were GINORMOUS) were the smallest ones there were to catch!
After catching fish, we went in the sauna, then ate dinner that Corseina made us, which was delicious. Then we tried watching Anchorman but we both thought it was so dumb, so we turned it off and watched other movies!
The next day Corseina and I got a lot of work done in the garden and with the pine cones! The whole few days were so relaxing because we worked hard but also got to relax and when Jordan, Corseina, and I ate meals, we watched Fresh Prince of Belair and other shows like that and just relaxed, with no pressure or formal dinner type stuff that we usually have to do. It was so nice!
Yesterday, Brian and Luke got back. Corseina and I unloaded all the groceries, which included delicious Mrs. Vickies Jalapeno chips and lots of Ramen (!!!!), we ate wings and burgers for dinner, and then put our gardening stuff away. After all that, we went upstairs and did this 20 minute 30 day workout circuit exercise while we listened to music! We're going to do that every day...well we're going to try to :)
Soon after we were done with that, Luke came up and said that Brian had come up and yelled for us to see if we wanted to go to the bonfire. We definitely didn't hear him yell for us...oops, haha.
Corseina doesn't usually like doing stuff like that with us, but I love hanging out with them so I went and saw the HUGE fire! We burn all of our trash and wood and stuff, so every few days or weeks we get to do a huge bonfire! I helped throw very large wood sticks onto the fire and Luke drove this big yellow thing that's like a tractor...(CAT...idk haha something like a tractor) and moved the wood so that it was more smooshed together, so it would burn better.
We hung out and talked for awhile, then went inside and played a card game that's sort of like Apples to Apples. The guys were cracking me up! I really like them, a lot! Brian is especially hilarious to me. He tells a lot of stories and is very animated about them, so they're all very interesting and hilarious. Usually if someone talked as much as him, I'd probably get annoyed, but since he's who he is, it's just funny, ha! :)
Shannon and Manny get back today, which means that tomorrow we'll be on a more regular schedule, helping Manny in the kitchen. We won't have as much time to garden and pick up pine cones...or clean the cabins, but we do like being in the kitchen with Manny, a whole lot!
I'm really happy here and think to myself all the time how awesome it is that I'm here! I like it more than I imagined that I would! I love the people here and the atmosphere and all the things I'm getting to do that I never imagined doing, like throwing huge pieces of wood on the most giant fire I've ever seen and riding a four wheeler everywhere I go. I LOVE IT! I feel like I'm growing a lot and getting to know myself better. I will forever be grateful that I took this job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments