I'm seriously going to miss my family and everything else LIKE CRAZY!
Yesterday was my third to last day watching the Traina's. I watched them again today and then tomorrow will be my last day. I have really loved spending time with them and am pretty bummed that my time watching them is almost over!
Carmen drew me a cute picture and wrote, "Coral You Rock. You The Best," which cracked me up. I love how they're both looking up at me in her picture. I asked her what I'm standing on in it and she said, "A brick." Oh, a brick. Okay, haha.
Today, after I took Rie to volleyball and Carmen to soccer, Alex and I went over to my house and he got to spend time with Avery. According to his sisters, he has a little crush on her. She just likes him as a friend (I think, I hope. She's only 9, goodness!) but I thought they'd like to hang out since they usually only get to hang out at church. Alex had to finish his math for awhile, which Avery helped him with, and then we all headed to the park. Avery and Alex were having a lot of fun together and I think Mikaya sort of felt young and left out, so I played, "Follow the leader," with her and we swung on the swings and talked about our favorite foods and animals. She is the sweetest little girl EVER. I just don't want anyone to say or do anything to hurt her feelings or for anyone to talk bad about her because she doesn't have a mean bone in her body and she is so awesome in every way!
Then of course, Avery and Alex bonded over Crossy Road on the way to back to dropping off Avery and Mikaya at our house. Kids these days. Minecraft and Crossy Road are taking over their minds! Then Alex and and I picked up Carmen and her friend Brooke from soccer.
On my way to the Trainas to drop the kids off, Alex said, "You know what's gonna remind me of you when you're in Alaska?"
I said, "What is?
He said, "Your songs. Unbelievers by Vampire Weekend and High."
So cute, haha! I'm so glad that they'll remind him of me, because I'm seriously going to miss that kid!
Then when we got home, he was finishing his homework in my car and I was talking to his mom and he told her about the songs that are going to remind him of me and she said, "Are you already thinking about how you're going to miss Coral?" and he got all sad and said, "Yeah, I am." Then his mom said, "He gets attached. He's probably the most sentimental person in our family. He's going to make a great husband."
I was just thinking that the other day, that he is totally going to make the best husband. He doesn't need all the attention on him and he's SO sweet all the time. Of course, he still has that older brother gene that makes him want to tease his sisters (well mostly Carmen) but the other day he threw ice water (with the ice in it) on her and it hurt her, and he said sorry like he truly truly meant it and it was so cute. And my mom and I were talking about how he's cool, but he still seems human, like he's approachable and not cocky or anything.
I could probably talk for days about how much I like the Traina kids, haha. I'm really going to miss them :(
One more thing about them! I let Alex use my phone to text Avery (who was on my mom's phone) yesterday and I'm just going to post screenshots of their conversation because I thought it was hilarious! The fact that she just kept randomly asking if he was still there and then saying "good bye" was so funny. Their conversation was so kid like, like just so random and didn't seem to flow haha...He was cracking up the whole time he was texting her. Oh please bless that they'll fall in love and get married one day. Oh please, oh please, oh please, haha.
Speaking of people I'm going to miss, I'm going to miss my coworkers like crazy as well!
The other day I noticed this (below) on the schedule that's hanging in front of the desk at work, and it made me super happy. My coworkers are so thoughtful!
Okay, so my top ten from the past week is...
1. Church this past Sunday. I wrote a whole seperate post on it but it was very long and too detailed so I didn't post it, but I might recap what I learned on another blog post, because it was seriously the BEST Sunday ever. I heard exactly what I needed to hear. And I love my home ward. The people in it are amazing. I could go on and on about them and about all the things I needed to hear that I heard, but I'll save it for another post, if I get around to it.
2. This sounds silly, but I prayed for something VERY specific, help to not obsess/think about a certain something that was taking over my brain for a few days (just a few days though, I normally don't obsess about anything anymore) and I completely stopped thinking about this thing, right after I got done praying. It wasn't something stressful or sad that I was thinking about, but I was glad that my prayer was answered so quickly and it showed me that I can't just rely on myself for help. I need to ask the Lord for help and He really does help. I already knew that, but it was a nice reminder and tender mercy.
3. Sleeping. I'm so busy and use so much energy lately, that sleep is SO SO SO wonderful.
4. Going to Costco with my mom and siblings. It was a little chaotic, but it's always nice spending time with my family.
5. Talking to my mom. She's my best friend!
6. Hamocking with my siblings. Lately, I've been really grateful for this hammock that we have in the backyard. Avery, Mikaya, Miles and I like to swing on it and just goof around and have fun!
7. Bike rides with my family. I LOVE bike rides with my family!
8. I'm done paying for Experience Europe! I payed off the part that I'm paying for and now all the money that I get is money that I get to keep for saving for college/whatever I need it for, which feels nice!
9. Trader Joe's with my mom! I can't remember when we went, but I know that it was recently and that we had fun!
10. Spending time with the Trainas! That's always a highlight of my week, it seems, haha.
5 Reasons that I'm Scared About Going to Alaska:
1. Isolation- will I feel trapped?
2. Sleep deprivation- will going to bed so late and waking up so early and working all day long completely wipe me out? Will I have time for my Experience Europe class that I have to take before I go to Europe?
3. Will I "click" with my roommate? I click with almost everyone though...and even if we don't "click," it'll be a good learning/growing experience and we can most likely learn to be good friends! I don't think this will even be an issue though.
4. Will I fit in there? Will I be able to be myself around the people I'm working with? Will they like that I work for them? (normal first time at a job insecurities I guess, haha)
5. Leaving home, leaving my family, leaving my jobs, leaving San Diego :(
5 Things I'm Excited For:
1. Meeting new people, having a roommate that could potentially be a good friend
2. BEING IN ALASKA. I love hiking, pine trees, lodges, adventure, etc.
3. The job sounds fun! I get to do different things all day long (make sandwhiches, clean lodges, clean fish, garden) so it sounds like it won't get old too fast and it'll be fun!
4. WHALE WATCHING ON THE BOAT. I'm honestly so excited for this! I can't believe that there will be whales right in front of me while I'm going super fast on a boat! Ah, that sounds like such an adrenaline rush!
5. Growing, learning, becoming even less high maintenance, the experience in general. I've really grown into myself and matured and become more self confident the past few months, but I'm excited to learn and grow more! Though I've really improved and become less high maintenance lately, I think that cleaning/touching fish, gardening, etc. will help me become more "go with the flow," which is a good thing for me, haha. Anything can really be a learning/growing experience, if you choose to learn/grow from it and not let pride and yourself get in the way.
Here's some pictures of where I'm working!
There's more way cool ones, but I'm having a hard time uploading them onto here. I'll just have to take some of my own and post them on here. Well, obviously I'm going to take tons of my own! Yay!











No comments