My sweet little brother was laying in his crib trying to fall asleep and I was on my bed next to him and all of a sudden he threw up A TON! And he started crying and was just laying there with throw up all over him and I felt like crying because it was the saddest thing I've ever seen! I'm not even exaggerating.
I had just been cuddling with him before I put him to bed and he was being so cuddly and sweet and sleepy and I had asked him if he was tired and he said, "Yes," and then I asked him if he wanted to go to bed and he said, "Yes," and he kept almost falling asleep so I put him to bed. I just love his cute little face, holding onto his cute little stuffed dog that he sleeps with every night! Oh my gosh, I just think he is the cutest thing ever and my heart broke to see him throw up like that and not know what was going on.
Did I mention that he's cute? ;) haha (I overuse that word when talking about him)
But other than that sad event, and the fact that everyone in my house (besides my mom and I) has been sick the past few days and I'm just waiting for my turn to get sick, this week has been good!
ONLY 10 MORE DAYS UNTIL I MOVE TO ALASKA. I've bought everything that I'll need for the next 4 months in isolation. I haven't packed yet but I love packing (no sarcasm) so that will be exciting! I can't believe that I'm actually moving to Alaska. Like, WHAT THE! So random. But so exciting/nerve wracking.
Work was kind of nice today because there were hardly any customers, which meant less tips, but much more time to finish all the daily chores for my shift. I've come to the conclusion that I'm starting to get slightly tired of serving customers, which came at exactly the right time, since I'm leaving for Alaska soon. I love working at Golden Spoon, but I think that serving customers does get old day after day, if done for several months. But I will DEFINITELY work at Golden Spoon again because it really is an awesome job.
It's funny because other things have happened that have made me feel a bit thankful that I'm leaving soon. They are very minor things that have nothing to do with my family or anything, but just things that kind of make me think that it all makes sense that I felt right going to Alaska, even though at times it didn't seem to make logical/emotional sense to go.
At the end of my shift today, Zahira and I heard Subway bang on our walls, as usual (this happens daily, we share the same wall with them) so we thought we'd write them a little note!
So that was fun and gave me that whole "unity" feeling that I always talk about...how I like how we Golden Spooners know (well sort of know) the people at the taco shop, Papa Murpheys, and Subway. Oh and the little cafe, too.
Zahira and I thought our little note was hilarious, but I'm not sure if they got as much of a kick out of it. I just walked into their store, set the note by their register (since both of their employees were serving guests) and I walked out. I got several strange looks from their customers.
OH THAT REMINDS ME!
Today I went to Target and had a grand ol' time by myself. I really am my own best friend, but I did slightly wish that I had a S.O or best girl friend with me to shenanigan around with.
Anyways, below is the cause of my great joy at Target!
I'll admit, I really am a little immature when it comes to this stuff, but am much more mature about it then I used to be. But really, who wouldn't think that this book is funny?
The coolest part about the book is that it explains all these different kinds of farts, like the fart called "The Flight of the Buttock Bees" and then you can press on it's corresponding page number button and it makes the sound of that specific fart. So, you can imagine that this book is quite fantastic!
And so I sat down in the aisle and played all the farts and soon realized that there was a couple in the next aisle that definitely heard all the farting noises "I" was making, but they really did think it was me, and didn't realize that I had a book in front of me. They just snickered and I'm pretty sure that one of them said, "Was that you?" or something like that to the other. They DEFINITELY heard because it was loud and they were right by me. It made me laugh out loud that they thought it was me. I didn't even care that they thought that, since I'll never see them again.
I thought of this fantastic date (or not date) idea that you could do! You could go with someone (or a group of people) to Target and walk around holding the fart book to your chest, standing right next to people in the aisles, and pretend it's just any normal book and then press one of the buttons and WALA! You can see how the stranger next to you reacts. Oh man, that would be the most fun activity ever.
Enough about that, haha!
A few days ago, although Mikaya was just getting over her sickness, she begged and begged us to all go on a family bike ride, so we did, and it was a blast! I rode on Avery's pegs/rode her bike/ran on the way to Mira Mar college and then took out the roller blades and roller bladed around Mira Mar. I love rollerblading! I also got to hold onto the back of Avery and Mikaya's bikes while I roller bladed which was an adrenaline rush! It was fun holding Mile's hand on the way down the hills, while he was sitting on the back of my mom's bike, in a bike seat. I'm sure that Avery and I got some strange looks from cars passing by since I'm about twice as big as Avery and she was carrying all of my weight as she rode, as I stood on her pegs. We thought that having people look at us as were doing it was quite a hoot!
I feel like I've spent some really great quality time with my family since I've been home. I haven't spent a TON of time with them, but I feel like it's been a good amount and that it's been spent well. I have no regrets about not spending enough quality time with my family, which feels nice.


No comments