I only have 15 more days until I move to Alaska. Ahhhh the days are going by way too fast, but at the same time I'm excited to go.
Yesterday at work a guy came in and got his frozen yogurt and then came back in to give me his business card and he said that he owns a coffee shop down the street and that that he really likes me and would like to hire me. He said I'd get paid a lot more there and that I'd get way more in tips there. If he had seen our tip jar just 30 minutes earlier, before we emptied it out, he probably wouldn't have said that, cause seriously, we make great tips here at Golden Spoon. But I was flattered that he said he'd hire me!
I worked a double shift yesterday and by the end of the day I was SO done with customers. I started to sorta hate every person that came in. Adri worked all day too (at the bank) so we kept saying, "Why do they need frozen yogurt? Why are they coming in so late?" haha but normally I would like, or wouldn't mind, lots of people coming in. Yesterday I was just oooooooover it! But I got to take a little break in between my shifts, so I walked to Liv's Juice Bar and got some tortilla soup. I love walking around Hillcrest, so it was a nice little break. I walked past lots of cute places to eat that had people sitting outside and loud music playing, lots of homeless people, and lots of interesting people, and I just loved it. I felt so happy to be walking downtown around all these interesting people and the upbeat music and cute shops! I wish I could capture how wonderful and busy and chaotic and upbeat Hillcrest is, in a picture, but I've tried, and I just can't capture it.
Oh yeah, yesterday before my mom, Avery, Mikaya, Miles, and I went to Chick-Fil-A, I asked Miles what shirt he wanted to wear and he said, "BYU shirt!" I couldn't find it for awhile, so I took Miles into where his drawer of clothes is and took out different shirts and asked, "How about this one instead?" And he kept saying, "No, BYU shirt!" When we finally found it he did this jumpy dance and shouted, "BYU! BYU! BYU!" and then said, "Bought me? Bought me?" and pointed at me, even though he already knows that I bought it. I think he said something like, "Coral bought for me!" when he was jumping around. So cute! He makes me so happy!
And I have another Eleanor and Park quote, just because I'm kind of obsessed with that book.
“The first time he'd held her hand, it felt so good that it crowded out all the bad things. It felt better than anything had ever hurt.”
No comments