Soooooo...I laugh at/am astounded at a lot of things that people say here because they sound SO funny and foreign to me. They just aren't things that anyone in San Diego, or Rexburg, or anywhere I've ever been, would ever say and it amuses me!
So far, here are some things that I've heard people say or that they've said to me, in Kodiak and here at the lodge.
I was feeling pretty sick on the float plane on the way over to Afognak Island, and the pilot said, "If you wanna see me mad, puke all over my airplane."
"We love going to seal bay because then we don't have to put our waders on since they have a dock."
I asked the people at Andrews Airways if they had hipsters in Alaska and they said they didn't have any and then the guy said, "Hipsters wear flannals for style but I wear them to keep the rain off of me." (rain resistant flannels? confused?)
"You can't trust lodge cookies because their ingredients are so old." (because they only get shipments in from the planes every once in awhile) It just seemed like something the people at Andrews Airways knew, like it was a given. Oh, you can't trust lodge cookies, haha!
"You have to tell me more about this Instagram thing!" Oh boy, haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments