After we ate ate breakfast, cleaned up after everyone after breakfast, and made the lunches, we got to relax a little bit. But just a little bit, haha. There's not much time for relaxing here!
I just heard a huge gun shot go off and it scared the pants off of me! (Side note, sorry) (I should be used to majorly loud gun shots going off right outside my window by now)
After relaxing for a little while, we helped Shannon in the greenhouse. We pulled little green weeds out of all of the flower pots. Then we went to the vegetable garden on the hill across from the greenhouse and pulled grass out of the dirt. That was tiring and a good thigh workout, since we had to squat down so much while we were pulling the grass out. Sadie (the Golden Retriever) likes to hang out with us, so she was with us, and we threw her sticks.
The boys told me that the German man had fallen down on the boat, which hurt his ego, and that everything else went downhill from there. Jordan said it was really hard to not laugh when he fell straight on his face in the boat, HAHA. Sorry, I wouldn't be laughing if this German man was a kind person. So soon after he fell, they saw a ginormous bear and had to hurry and get ready to shoot it. So they stopped the boat, got out, and were running to the place that they were going to shoot from. The German man was going very slowly and they had to hurry, so Luke kept shouting, "C'mon! C'mon!" And apparently he shouted a little too harshly the last time he shouted, "C'mon" just because the German man was going extremely slow and the bear was getting yard and yards farther from them, so the German man just said, "No," and turned around and walked away.
That's when things started getting really bad. The German man threw a giant fit. According to Luke it couldn't even be qualified as a fit because it was worse than a fit. The German man said he's never coming back to the lodge and that they want to leave right away (even though they still had 7 or so more days left to stay here). When they saw a group of orcas on the side of the boat, he wouldn't even look at them. He wouldn't talk to any of the guys except for Adam because he's not a client and apparently even though Jose is also a guest, not a client, they were mad at him because he shot down/got to keep a bear that they got on the hunt today.
We thought the float plane was coming in tonight to pick them up, so Jordan and Luke brought all of their stuff down and Manny came down to help as well. The German man wouldn't talk to any of them except for Adam still. They were down there for a bit and we were all watching them from the kitchen window. Then we found out that because there's snow in between here and Kodiak, the plane had to turn around because it was unsafe for them to fly all the way here. Shannon had already asked Corseina and I to run to their cabin and see if they had stolen anything or trashed the place, so when we heard that they actually weren't leaving tonight, we asked if we still had to go check. She said we should, so we literally ran to their cabin before they came back to it, and searched to make sure everything was okay in there. Everything was fine! It was such an adrenaline rush running to search the Germans cabin and get away before they got there. We REALLY didn't want to be in there when they came back, knowing how upset they were. Well mostly the husband was upset.
Below is a picture of the Germans cabin, Cabin #1, and the bridge that we had to cross quickly today, in order to get out of their cabin by the time they got back.
I feel like I'm living in The Shire, which is pretty much my dream come true!
Oh yeah, that reminds me. The booking agent actually had the German man booked to stay with another women instead of his wife, but then called in to say that his wife was coming with him now. We're thinking that the other woman that was going to come with him was his mistress. A lot of rich men that come here have mistresses. Some come with their wives. Some come with their mistresses and one guy even came with his wife AND his mistress. I was even more repulsed by this German man after finding out this information!
Also, the German and his wife paid more than $30,000 for their stay here because it's $20,000 for a hunter to stay here for 10 days, which comes with having their bear packaged and everything, and having room and board for the guest. His wife isn't a hunter so I don't think it cost her $20,000 but she at least cost $800 a night for 10 nights. They will not be getting their money back, so they spent more than $30,000 for 2 nights at a lodge and didn't even get a bear while they were here. They may try to sue, but we're having all the guys that were on the boat sign a document saying what really happened, so we aren't held liable, since we didn't do anything wrong.
We got started on dinner late because of this whole ordeal. We were going to bring the Germans some food, because Adam let us know that they told him that they were "never stepping food in the main lodge again," but turns out they also wanted absolutely no food cooked here, so we didn't have to bring plates of dinner to their cabin. Probably a good choice on their part, because I would have been tempted to spit in their food. Or at least, the man's food. His wife was completely sweet the entire time she was here. I feel bad for her that she has to deal with him. If I were her, I'd have NOTHING to do with him. He caused problems with the booking agent, then with Andrew Airlines, then with us several times. I'm sure he's a REAL peach to be married to. It seems like he tries to find every chance he can to make himself and his wife miserable by finding fault in things and being a real grump and pain in the buttocks!
So that was interesting...
Last night was really fun because I went with Luke, Jordan, Brittany, Josh, Jose, Adam, and the Germans (can't spell their names to save my life) to shoot off a bomb. We rode in the fancy four wheeler (not sure of the name of it, but it has windows and doors, is closed in, and is really way bigger and fancier than a four wheeler, but I just call it the fancy four wheeler) through the trails to this place where they always shoot off the bomb. It's something they do for the guests because it's entertaining and fun for them. So they set up the bomb about 100 yards away, then had the guys try and shoot the bottom part of the bomb, to make it go off. The German man is a bad shot, yet claims to be a great hunter, so he didn't even get close to shooting it off, then Luke missed a few times (surprising!), and then Jose finally shot it. It was a pretty big explosion and a fire where the bomb was, which is supposed to happen, and stayed lit up for about 10 minutes.
After that we rode back to the staff lodge in the fancy four wheeler and Brittany and I picked out a movie. She was glad I was there to watch movies with her since the guys usually veto all the chick flicks that she wants to watch. We watched Legends of the Fall and dannnnnnnnnng Brad Pitt is fine in that. It was a pretty depressing movie and she said it was the best love story of all time, buuuuuut it ended terribly, my goodness! I wouldn't call it a good love story, haha. The boys watched the end of it with us and made fun of it, of course. They are such teases. It's so much fun! Brittany, Josh, Luke, and Jordan are all related and I'm starting to feel like part of the family, like another cousin or something. I love it!
It's already 11:05 AM here but just barely got dark, so I thought it was like 8:00 PM. It doesn't get dark in Alaska until 10:00 PM- 1:00 AM. Sometimes it just doesn't get completely dark at all. WE GET TO SLEEP IN TOMORROW and I'm so happy about that! When we heard that we were SO thrilled. We're exhausted! We wake up early and work a lot, with very few breaks, so sleeping in will be extremely nice.
I'm very happy that I chose to come here! Dinner prepping, serving, and cleaning up is becoming a lot easier and it's only been a few days. We're really getting the hang of things. Corseina and I have figured out what we like to do best and luckily I love doing dishes and she doesn't like doing them at all, so she does the clearing off of the table and the table setting and I do the dishes and the rest of the kitchen clean up. It works out great.
Corseina and I were trying to figure out who our favorite co-worker is and we really couldn't. I was like, "I like Jordan. And Luke and Josh and Brittany and Manny." Yeah, there was no way of saying who we liked best because they're all awesome people! It's great to work with people that tell you you're doing a good job, appreciate you, realize you're not perfect, and are fun, kind hearted people.
We were told that we're doing a great job several times today, by Manny, Shannon, and Josh, which we really appreciated hearing! Even Adam, who is quite a sassy rude man at times, told Shannon that we're doing great. He didn't know that Corseina heard him say that, otherwise he probably wouldn't have said it, knowing him, haha.
Also, this countdown I found on the windowsill of the staff lodge made me laugh. I'm seriously in conservative republican central! People can actually talk about politics here without getting into many arguments because almost everyone that comes here is a fisher/hunter and is a Republican.


No comments