When I'm 50 years old, I might only have a bunch of typed on Snapchat photos to look back on, when reminiscing about my 20's. Just kidding, I do take some normal pictures.
I'm telling you this because I have a nice little array of Snapchat Story pictures to share. This past week I worked with Zahira twice, which I was very happy about! She's easy to work with and we always have fun. We had a new flavor, graham cracker, so we decided to make "smores" (I was told that I should actually spell smores, s'mores, oops). So here is the evolution of the s'more, via my Snapchat story.
And then, of course, I had to also show how to make a peanut butter and jelly frozen yogurt snack. It literally tastes just like a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, no joke. It's kind of gross. I'd show you the pictures from that little peanut butter jelly making fest, but I forgot to save them!
I know these little things that I share about work seem meaningless to other people probably, but they mean a lot to me! This is a very happy time in my life. I love my job! I love living at home and spending time with my family! And I just feel very great about life in general. So even the little things bring me much joy.
Other than work being fun as usual, the rest of the week was great too. I can't put into words just how awesome it was to have my grandparents here. When I'm up at school, I'm often stressed about school work and other commitments, so I don't feel as light hearted when I visit them there. That's probably something I should work on (being less spazzy stressed out about school and such) because it's such a great thing that I live so close to them when I'm attending BYU-Idaho. But this past week long visit with them was full of laughter, bonding moments, and deep conversations, as well as many goofy ones. My grandparents went from being completely terrified of me going to work in Alaska to being somewhat excited for me, or at least, more calm about it. I had very little time to spend with them because of work, but every moment that I did spend with them was wonderful.
We went on a long walk to "the big field," and took a long bike ride around Mira Mar. We celebrated Mikaya's birthday and I was able to attend Mikaya's baptism which was so special! I love hearing people compliment my sisters and during Mikaya's baptism the different speakers (Bishop, Avery, my Grandpa, and Sister Konold) all talked so highly of her and she was just beaming! She really is SUCH a wonderful girl. So kind, thoughtful, hilarious, and such a peace maker. She knows how to stand up for herself while being nice about it, which is something that I don't think many people have mastered. I just love her and am so proud of her!
My grandma and mom spent a little time each day of the past week making those treats for the baptism. They said it was like they were running a bakery! My grandma and mom are so fun to be around and I'm very grateful for them!
Just one more thing about this past week. MY LITTLE BROTHER MILES IS SO STINKING ADORABLE. I wish that I could write down every single thing that he says, or that his life was like The Truman Show (the movie) so that his whole life was on T.V for everyone to see because I just feel like people that don't know him are missing out, haha! And I wish I could replay everything that he says over and over. I'm so scared about him growing up and me forgetting what he was like when he was this age, because HE IS SO PERFECT RIGHT NOW. I'm sure he always will be, but I don't see how he could become any cuter or any more funny.
Just this morning Mikaya took something from him and he said, "Throw a fit!" and then he did this little punching thing at the air and it was way cuter than I could possibly put into words. He has such a big personality that everything he does, is so funny and cute. I honestly don't know how to explain his cuteness. People at church crowd around him and always say "Hi, Miles!" and are happy to see him, because even though he doesn't try to be, he's sort of the star of the show sometimes. People just really like him!
In the morning, he wakes up and just lays in his crib for like an hour, talking to himself or just thinking or whatever he's doing. But seriously, what kid does that? I just think the world of him. I just love everything that he does and everything that he says. I even think he's adorable when he's screaming and crying and throwing a fit. I could never be annoyed with him. He wakes me up 3 times a night to ask for milk, and I've still never been annoyed with him. I want to clone him and pop out a baby just like him, like to the tee. Scientists better get on cloning and make it the norm before I get married and have a baby.
Let's see if there's anything else to write about this past week. Hmmmm.
I bought two books off of Amazon. One is Eleonor & Park, which I've almost finished, despite the fact that I bought it to read on my plane flights to Alaska. It's such a well written and captivating book. It's incredibly difficult to put down.
It completely reminds me of what it was like to be "in love" in high school. In fact, I felt the need to read my old high school journals because the book made me feel so nostalgic.
"I don't like you, Park," she said, sounding for a second like she actually meant it.
"I..." - her voice nearly disappeared - "think I live for you."
He closed his eyes and pressed his head back into his pillow.
"I don't think I even breathe when we're not together," she whispered. "Which means, when I see you on Monday morning, it's been like sixty hours since I've taken a breath. That's probably why I'm so crabby, and why I snap at you. All I do when we're apart is think about you, and all I do when we're together is panic. Because every second feels so important. And because I'm so out of control, I can't help myself. I'm not even mine anymore, I'm yours, and what if you decide that you don't want me? How could you want me like I want you?"
He was quiet. He wanted everything she'd just said to be the last thing he heard. He wanted to fall asleep with 'I want you' in his ears.”
And then here's another exert from the book.
“Nothing before you counts," he said. "And I can't even imagine an after."
She shook her head. "Don't."
"What?"
"Don't talk about after."
"I just meant that... I want to be the last person who ever kisses you, too.... That sounds bad, like a death threat or something. What I'm trying to say is, you're it. This is it for me.”
Okay, one more because this book is just too good.
“Or maybe, he thought now, he just didn't recognize all those other girls. The way a computer drive will spit out a disk if it doesn't recognize the formatting.
When he touched Eleanor's hand, he recognized her. He knew.”
Oh man, high school love. So full of drama and jealousy and immaturity. And expressing feelings that you're not even sure that you feel. And obsessing over things that really don't matter as much as they seem to. At least, that's how it was for me. But it was fun too, to feel so much. I think it'll be nice when I feel that much with the right person...but more positive intensity of feelings than negative, haha. Thank goodness I'm a big old college student now ;)
I'm excited to read the other book that I bought as well, Blackmoore, but I'm promising myself to not open it until my flight to Alaska. I devour books in like 12 hours if I don't stop myself, so I need to resist the urge to read it.
I'm excited for Alaska, I am. But I'm still so nervous to leave this happy place that I'm in right now. How could things be any better somewhere else? But then again, I'll be making more money there and it will be an adventure, a learning and growing experience. I'll just think about it that way. It's just hard to imagine being somewhere else when right where I'm at is so fantastic.








No comments