Powered by Blogger.
Just a 21 year old, BYU-Idaho student, from San Diego, trying to figure out my life. Join me in the adventure!

Another Top Ten Because Life is Great

Top Ten Experiences/Moments/Times I had this past week:

1. I loved staying at the resort with my family on Sunday night. We got to swim in this steaming warm pool/hot tub while it was raining, which was so cool. And I got my own room, with a TV in it. I got some time to ponder on what I should do in my life and figure out that...(drum roll) going to Alaska is the right thing for me to do!

2. Getting the Alaska job offered to me is definitely a favorite of this past week, or maybe even past month. I had been hoping for it, but still unsure of if I should take the job or not (after all, living in isolation for 4 months is a huge change and a big thing to consider). When she offered me the job, I was still unsure. I started becoming more sure a couple days later, after I heard how awesome it was, from a girl who worked there last summer. I was still so scared to say, "Yes" to this job (I have trouble to committing to things too, because there always seems to be so many good options. I like to keep my options open, so saying "yes" to a job is not my cup of tea) but when I finally told her that I'd love to take the job, I felt this sense of peace just wash over me. It was crazy. I went from scared/excited to completely peaceful/excited. It was a great feeling. I'm so excited for this adventure!

3. Getting those $4 and $5 tips, or any tips in general is always a highlight. It's funny, getting tips makes a huge difference in how motivated I feel to work. At Chick-Fil-A, of course I was always nice and friendly, but sometimes the time passed so slowly because it was the same old, same old, for hours on end, but at Golden Spoon, time flies and I feel this burst of energy to keep going, for hours on end. I think it has to do with the fact that it's ACTUALLY FUN to swirl up the frozen yogurt, the cash register is for some reason very fun too (I've always loved cash registers though, since I was a little kid and would use my Barbie cash register to serve my imaginary guests), I get to wear yoga pants and comfy shirts to work, the guests are almost always extremely nice (I mean, really, how can someone be grumpy when their coming in to get frozen yogurt??), we get to play our favorite music while we are working, and of course, those tips make the shift go by fast as well. Also, my co-workers are awesome.

4. My Walmart trip yesterday was fun! I bought almost all the little stuff that I need for Alaska/Europe (Dramamine for plane flights, ear plugs, new makeup, etc.) I LOVE buying stuff like that. Stuff that is necessary. 

5. Church today was the best! It was fun talking to Enrique, Nicole, Hannah, Elle, Devin, and everyone else that I talked to/got to know better. I used to think that this singles ward was very cliquey (and maybe it sometimes still is) but today, and other times recently, I've really felt included and like people have tried to get to know me better, which makes me very happy! It's not like I generally have troubles making friends, but because this ward has always been so cliquey, it's always been a struggle, just specifically in this ward, but I think the people are becoming more friendly! Yay for friendliness!

6. Again, I LOVE my nannying jobs! Today, while watching the Trainas, I had to take Carmen (6) and Alex (9) in the car several times to take/pick up their older siblings from different sport activities. At first they were bummed that they had to keep getting in and out of the car and staying in the car for such long amounts of time. I decided I'd try to make this fun for them, so they took turns picking out songs. We blasted the music, rolled the windows down, and sang as loud as we could. Driving down the palm tree lined roads, windows down, music blaring...just felt so, HAPPY! I felt like I was going to burst from how much joy I felt! It helps that these kids have good taste in music and we live in the most beautiful place EVER, but it's so great that if we choose to think happy thoughts, we can make any moment great and happy! We just have to appreciate the little things :) Songs we blasted are below: (the kids totally chose them...these kids are so cool haha, so easy to watch)

Oh, AND, (hopefully their mom doesn't see this ;) but when we were parked waiting for their sister to come out from track, they rolled down the windows and stood up on the seats so they were mostly standing outside the car, out of the windows. It wasn't dangerous or anything, but probably got some questionable looks from people coming to pick their kids up from track. The kids think my car is so cool because it has roll up windows...I love how kids think. Instead of saying, "Ew, your car is old and gross and so old fashioned," (which it totally is), they think it's "AWESOMEEE!" haha Oh man, I wish everyone thought like kids do about certain things.


You know those songs that instantly make you feel cool? Even if you were wearing a mumu and cow boots and goggles? Click on songs below to feel cool, instantly.



 7. I HAD MY LAST FAST FOOD MEAL TODAY (for the next few months...well maybe I can get ONE more if my family goes or whatever, but not because I've chosen to)

Choice of fast food restaurant: Chick-Fil-A, of course.

Reasons I'm refraining from fast food: 1. Must get in shape for Europe (we were literally sent an email telling us to get in shape haha! so we can walk for long distances) and I'd like to get in shape for life in general, and to boost my mood!
2. Must save money and I waste SOOOO much money on fast food
3. Must be healthy so I don't die at 23 from all the Ramen I ate as a kid/in college (legitimate fear I have)

Alternatives to fast food, when I don't have time to go home and get something to eat or eat before I leave for somewhere: Gas stations are just about as available as fast food restaurants and have various choices of healthy food (examples: Odwalla, Naked drinks, fruit cups, salads, sandwiches on wheat bread, granola bars, hummus and pita chips, etc.)

Luckily, I will be in isolation in Alaska, far from any fast food restaurants, which should help me with this little challenge of mine!

The "last supper" pictured below:



8. My exercise is going well. I've gone to the gym 6 times since I got the 24 Hour Fitness pass 14 days ago. I've also gone on 1 hike and done a couple somewhat intense exercises sessions at home. I only have the pass for about 2 more weeks, so I need to keep going every 2-3 days (try for every 2 days). I am really starting to love working out and I'm bummed that my pass expires soon, but I'll have to run outside, do more exercises inside, bike, etc.

9. I have an A in Environmental Stewardship. It is an online class, so I'm not sure if that's more or less of an accomplishment than if it was an "in-class" class, but I'm still happy about it! I usually get A's in English/all my marriage and family type classes, but I always have trouble with math and science, so I am VERY excited about this A in science! Now I've just got to keep it up the rest of the semester.

10. My little brother Miles wakes me up 2-3 times a night, asking for milk. We have a cooler type bag in our room that we keep his bottled milks in, so that I don't have to go downstairs each time he wants milk, and fill bottles, when I'm half asleep. Anyways, the other night, as usual, he said, "Cooooooooral. Milk," and since I was probably less than half asleep I accidently said, "You want ice-cream?" instead of saying, "You want milk?" Then he cried and begged for ice-cream for the next 15 minutes. Ugh. Definitely could have avoided that one haha.

No comments