Powered by Blogger.
Just a 21 year old, BYU-Idaho student, from San Diego, trying to figure out my life. Join me in the adventure!

Top 10 Experiences of the Past Week

My top ten moments/experiences/times in the past week...

1. This whole gold and white dress/blue and black dress debate has been highly entertaining. Here's the dress...

At first, I had no clue why everyone was freaking out on the Twitter/Instagram/Facebook and I was slightly confused/annoyed that there was all this commotion about a dress. Then I went and asked all of my family members what color the dress is. They all said black and blue and I started FREAKING OUT. Because clearly the dress is white and gold (and always has been). My step-dad literally put up a white cloth next to the white and gold dress and said, "Compare the white cloth with that blue dress. How can you say that's white?" (pointing to the white part of the dress) and the white cloth was the same exact color as the white part of the dress. I see no blue. I see no black. Just white and gold. So now I see why everyone is freaking out. And it makes me happy! I love when everyone comes together, united, to talk about something fun like this. It makes me happy for some reason, like the world isn't this huge giant place (even though it really is and a lot of people don't even have a computer/phone/TV to even see this picture on) but it just makes me feel like we are somewhat connected. It's very odd to me when people are like, "Stop talking about the dress." In my head I'm like, "If you don't want to see anything about the dress, then get off of Facebook, you negative nelly!" Ugh, people get annoyed by the most nit picky little things haha (am I being hypocritical by being annoyed by the annoyed people? haha)

And below are some of my favorite Tweets about #TheDress, as well as pictures about #TheDress that I came across on Facebook.

And P.S Everything is funnier when "Snape" says it on Twitter.








2. Watching my siblings this past weekend. We "partied hard" by first and foremost going to the grocery store to buy Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls and Takis. Then we played board games, went to the park, watched Night at the Museum, played sleepover games like "Would You Rather" and "Pictionary" and then finally fell asleep around 10 P.M (much later than their usual bed time...oops ;). It was so fun to watch Miles for the entire day. He is such an easy kid to watch, because he's just SO cute and fun to be around. He's the type of toddlar that people (well, my family members and I) actually get sad to say bye to when he goes down for a nap, because he's just THAT cute! I also appreciated the fact that my mom and step-dad didn't text me even once the entire time I watched my siblings (pretty much a full day and a half). I love that they trust me that much, that they didn't even feel the need to check up on me! Woo woo! I'm growin' up haha.

3. Doing a fundraiser today with my boss (owner of Golden Spoon). I mean, how many people can say that they have a personal, awesome relationship with their boss? I feel pretty lucky! We always talk non-stop when we're around each other and she really "gets me" and I "get her." Of course, I still have to try to impress her and do my best, because she's my boss, but it's nice to know that I am able to talk to her about so much! I love my job!

4. Yesterday, so many great customers come into Golden Spoon. I just love when customers are happy, positive, and easy to talk to! First these guys and this girl came in and tried a billion samples and were just so sweet and fun and then this lady came in and we talked a lot about where I was going to school, her career, etc and she said I was really nice, which made my day! Then this lady came in that was also just the SWEETEST, and she continued to make my day. Man, those days when you get a few SUPER happy people come in, are just the best!

5. Working out 3 full times in just 4 days! I got a 24-Hour-Pass and got myself a one month pass for much cheaper than they originally offered me #ivegotmyways #veryconvincing (but I'm not really that convincing...I just told them I wouldn't get a pass if it wasn't under $30 haha) and I was able to work out twice this week and then go on a hike today! I feel so good when I exercise a lot. I feel less stressed and I actually seem to have more energy and feel more positive about life.

6. I nanny for the MOST AWESOME families. I love them both (well, I guess I nanny for three families now-sort of) but I am just so thankful for my opportunity to nanny for all of these families. The other day, I was doing "circuits" (one kid would be doing the jump rope while the other would be doing pushups/situps-both for one minute, and so on and on and on- there were lots of different activities we were rotating around to) (yes, I was doing it too and I definitely realized that I am weak in strength and stamina compared to children) and while we were doing these rotations we were listening to "Riptide" by Vance Joy and this sounds silly, but I just felt so happy, and surreal, like everything in life was great. Maybe it was the song or maybe it was the fact that everything in my life does seem pretty great at times (and could potentially almost always feel great if I tried harder to have a positive attitude at all times). Or maybe it was that I just love those kids I nanny for. It was probably a combination of all three. Yeah, it definitely was. Anyways, it was just one of those awesome moments, that I'll always be thankful that I had!

7. I saw this on Facebook (I LOVE HUMANS OF NEW YORK) and it made me happy because this guy sort of explains what I was trying to explain in my last post. Though, I'm really not that shy around people that I'm comfortable around...but yeah. How this guy feels is how I feel around people I don't know really well/people that intimidate me. I love seeing things that hit home; that I can relate to. It makes me feel less alone in this crazy chaotic world, in my mind full of emotions that I always think are so unique to me (but that actually aren't all that different from what others experience).


8. The epitome of Jordan Walton and I's friendship. This qualifies for a Top 10 Experience just because it made me laugh & remember that I'm thankful for our friendship, or whatever you want to call what we have...haha



9. Going to the mall yesterday with my mom was definitely a highlight of my week! Because I'm so busy working all the time and my mom is so busy taking care of my three younger siblings, we don't always have a lot of time to spend together, just me and her, so any time I get with just her, I'm very thankful for! Yesterday we went to the mall and got to talk, laugh, and shop for 6 whole hours! I love my mom! She's my best friend. She just "gets me," and is so fun to be around! :) Oh, and my mom, and siblings and I all got to go to Costco together the other day, which was also a major highlight. Going to Costco, for us, is almost as exciting as going to Disneyland, not because we don't ever get to go to Costco (we go about once a month) but because it's always so much fun. Those samples, picking out food together, and getting the cheap hot dogs & churros, make it almost as great as Disneyland ;) Never take the little things for granted!

10. My confidence is going up, up, up, which I'm thankful for! I think that being my true self and not holding back, having a closer relationship with my Heavenly Father (putting an effort in to read & pray each day), working hard at my job, spending time with my family, and exercising & eating right, have all helped boost my confidence. I'm not sure why I have always struggled with my confidence (I have always had weeks when I am very confident and then weeks when I am not) but I feel like my confidence is becoming more stable and less like a rollercoaster going up and down and up and down, which is just wonderful!

And 11...just because I have to add in here that I found two new very catchy songs, which I will be playing on repeat for the next few weeks, and that's always something to be happy about!





No comments