Okay, I lied. On my last blog post I said that all of my blog posts were going to be ridiculously happy, but that's not real life. The past few weeks I have felt exceptionally happy, but today I'm just "meh."
Not super happy. Not super sad. Just...meh.
I think that we try to make it seem like we're extremely happy and excited (on Instagram, Facebook, etc.) ALL OF THE TIME, but truth is: LIFE DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT.
Some days are gonna be bad. Some days are gonna be fantastic. Some days are gonna be neither, just inbetween.
But the cool thing, is that we can always try to make our day turn around for the better by thinking positive thoughts. Almost every day that I think is just plum awful, ends up being pretty great, or at least, pretty okay.
Below, are some other positive tid-bits from the past few days:
1. I worked with Hailey last night, which was fun and surprisingly went well. I was nervous because she's my manager but everything went quite smoothly & fantastically.
2. I love getting emails from the lady in Alaska that hired me. She says things like, "At 10:00 A.M, there will also be a German hunter and his non-hunting companion who will be waiting for the float plane pickup." I don't know why that makes me so happy, haha! A German hunter and his non-hunting companion, ah! Those words just sound so foreign to me. What have I gotten myself into? Quite an adventure, I'll say!
3. Picking out earrings with my mom, Avery, and Mikaya yesterday for Avery! Avery was thrilled to find some earrings that she loves, for pretty cheap. She's fun to shop with because she really takes her time trying to find just the right thing. She probably got that from my mom and I. Man, are we particular about clothes/decorations, etc. haha
4. Okay, I just discovered THE COOLEST THING. I found the free episode of Ultimate Survival Alaska that was filmed on the tiny island that I'm going to be working on (Afognak Island) Type in Ultimate Survival Alaska on Hulu, then go to Season 2, Episode 10: Bear Kingdom.
The girls from BYU/BYU-Idaho that worked on the island at the lodge last summer got to know the entire crew that's on this episode and were even filmed once or twice. They said it was awesome to get to know them. They had to bring the crew members lunch/dinner some of the days that they were there. Crazy! And this upcoming summer, more TV crews from MTV, National Geographic, etc. will most likely come and film again. So I may get to meet reality TV "stars!" haha :) Oh gosh, that's exciting.
Ah, I feel better already. Trying to find the positive is usually
such an instant mood booster. It's good to do, even when it's the last
thing you feel like doing!
Well, that's all I can think of at the moment! So, toodle doo for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments