Powered by Blogger.
Just a 21 year old, BYU-Idaho student, from San Diego, trying to figure out my life. Join me in the adventure!

Things Are About to Get Real Personal

When I'm PMSing (which I am right now), I shouldn't be allowed to blog. Or talk to humans. Or leave my room. I should probably be put in a straight jacket with duct tape over my mouth, only to be taken off when I'm fed chocolate at one hour intervals. Yeah, I'm THAT grumpy. The fact that I even shared, with the public, on the internet, that I'm PMSing, is proof that I am PMSing.

But I feel like blogging. I also feeling like tweeting a lot of strange things and starting fights and watching 1000 hours of Netflix and sleeping until next year. I'll just stick to blogging though. So that I stay on a more positive note, I'll be directing my thoughts towards a specific topic (so I save you from some insane rant.) I promise you that I'm not always like this, haha.

Today's topic: Personality tests (Get it, "things are about to get real personal") and by the way, this is mostly for my own fun and curiosity. I'm assuming most people don't have time to read my detailed personality test results, but you can read them if you want to!

Today's experiment: Taking several personality tests to see what my personality styles are and to also praise/critique different personality tests (Here's hoping my PMS doesn't tamper with my results) Here we go!

First test: Color Code Personality Test

5 minutes in: I'm already unsure if I like this test because, so far, it's all about how I acted as a child and I can't remember a darn thing!

7 minutes in: When will this dang test end.

10 minutes in: Ohhhh, now I understand this test. They are asking me how I was as a child so that secretly they can see how I really am now, because they believe that how we answer we were as a child is how we are now, but that it's harder for us to decide how we are now; and we'll also be less objective or defensive if we say how we were as a child than if we say how we are now. Cool. I'll just answer how I think I am now.

20 minutes later: The results are in! It's funny, because one of my friends once told me I was a YELLOW, which means I'm motivated by fun. I asked her, "Really?" It kind of surprised me. I think I was as honest on this test as I possibly could be, so I guess I really am a YELLOW! According to that pie chart below, I'm also, pretty equally, two other colors. I can't see those results unless I upgrade to Premium (a whopping $39.95), but I'm assuming the other pretty equal parts are red and blue.


Parts of this analysis that I do agree with, that I think do apply to me:
- They love playful interaction and can be extremely sociable (depends on who I'm with)
- They are highly persuasive and seek instant gratification.
- Yellows need to be adored and praised.
- While yellows are carefree, they are sensitive and highly alert to others' agendas to control them.
- Yellows typically carry within themselves the gift of a good heart.
- Yellows need to look good socially, and friendships command a high priority in their lives.
- Yellows are happy and crave adventure.
- They choose people who, like themselves, enjoy a curious nature.
- Yellows are charismatic, spontaneous, and positive; but can also be obnoxious (maybe at times) and forgetful.
-Easily distracted, they can never sit too still for long (In classes and such, it's hard to sit still, but I can sit still if I'm doing my own thing-like reading, or being on the internet, etc.) 

Parts of this analysis that I do not agree with, that I don't think apply to me (but maybe I'm just blind to their application to me):
- They embrace life as a party that they're hosting (I think I'm this way around my family and close friends, at times, but not around people I don't know well enough)
- They are articulate and engaging of others. (I'm not sure if I'm articulate or engaging of others...Sometimes I feel like it's difficult for me to speak in front of people, especially somewhat large groups.)
- They embrace each day as the "present tense" (I've been having a really difficult time being in the "now," being in the moment. I think about the past, and especially the future, a lot lately. I need to be more in the moment!)
- They can be irresponsible (If there's one thing I'm not, it's irresponsible. I'm a perfectionist, so I get things done as soon as I can and as well as I can. It weighs on me until it's done.)
-Yellows are carefree (I can be at times, but sometimes I get pretty stressed out) 

Next test: The good ol' Love Languages test 

I've already taken this test and one critique I have of it is that you either have to take it as a "Single" or as "In a Relationship." For me, it's easier to answer the questions as if I'm in a relationship, even if I'm not, because I'm not that touchy or mushy with people other than a significant other (boyfriend). I absolutely love my family members and I am actually pretty huggy with my siblings and always tell my parents I love them, but it's harder to base my love language off of family/friend interactions, for some strange reason! So I'm going to take the "In a Relationship" test instead of the "Single" test.



When I took my marriage preparation class, we learned that we all have some of these love languages (Yes, I still do fancy getting gifts from people), but that we feel more loved by our loved ones when they share their love for us in certain ways. I'm actually a little surprised by my results! I usually get Words of Affirmation first and then Physical touch. I think that my idea of Physical Touch has been altered after being at college and seeing so many people using each other purely for their bodies (NCMO's- non committal make outs, as we call them). With the right person, physical touch- holding hands, kisses, an arm around me in public-means a lot, when given with sincerity instead of with empty meaning. I specifically love spending one on one time with people, so I'm not too surprised that Quality Time took Physical Touch's place. I think that Words of Affirmation is actually my #1 love language, as I love to hear my family members and people I date praise me (that's why I'm a yellow ha ha), affirm their feelings for me, and validate me. 

Final test: 16 Personalities test

This is my first time taking this personality test and I actually really liked taking it because it asked questions that were easy to answer, unlike the Color Code and Love Languages tests. The Love Languages test questions are sometimes difficult to answer because it's difficult to choose between two applicable answers (Example: "It's more meaningful to me when...I'm around my partner, even if we're not really doing anything OR I hold hands with my partner." Those were tough answers for me to choose between.)

Here's an example of the questions with my answer for the 16 Personalities test:


The results are in! But first...

What I liked about this personality test: It had very detailed results. I'm supposedly one of the 1% of the population that makes up the INFJ personality type. Yeah, that made me feel pretty special...just for that, I'll give this test an A+. I was able to read about what kind of parent I'll be, what careers are best for me, what my strengths and weaknesses are, and how I handle relationships. It's always eye opening to read about your personality traits. This test was extremely personal and pretty spot on. I highly recommend it. Type "16 Personalities" into Google and it should pop right up.

What I didn't like about this test: While this test was eye opening, it could have been more eye opening. I think that there should have been a section on how you could improve yourself according to your personality type and weaknesses. I think it's pointless to read all about yourself if there's not a purpose, such as finding out how someone can best show their love for you and how you can best show others you love them (Love Languages test), or understanding what motivates you (Color Code test). I think that is the only thing I would have added to the results of this test.

I'll share my results, but first. Look at this picture of "me" sailing across the sea towards a castle, with my INFJ personality type. This picture they posted of "me" above my results isn't far fetched. I really do want to sail (more practically, fly) away to a castle. Awwwww.




 Oh yes, yes, yes! I'm all of those things. And humble too ;)


What!? I'm not weak in these areas. How could this website say that about me!? (Totally kidding. I'm just playing to my sensitive nature they described above)



Well, that was great fun! Until next time, friends! :* Kisses to you all (but not on the mouth, y'nasty)

No comments