Recently, I've felt like I've had to make a lot of important decisions in my life (and I'm still having to make more-they never end) and although it has been tough to make some of them, I feel like things are coming together in my life, which I haven't felt for awhile. Of course, I always have my happy times, but this is the first time in awhile that I've felt this peace, like everything is going to work out and not just work out, but work out splendidly! One thing I know for sure is that things always get worse before they get better. I have these long drawn out times of feeling like nothing is going to work out (with occasional happy times mixed in their too) and then all of a sudden things seem to start working out. That's just life!
Oh, and I must say, with all of this talk about how things are going to work out, I also really appreciate my present. I feel so blessed lately! I feel peace about the present and peace about the future!
The Ups and Downs:
NBC's show Parenthood ending- Okay, this is silly. I know it's silly. It's devastatingly silly. And it's also something I'm so not cool with! I feel like I'm losing my Braverman clan! These people became so real to me (Once again, I know I'm being silly) But BY GOLLY, why do they have to leave me? I shared in their joy, sadness, and laughter for a good 4 or 5 years! What will become of Amber and her baby? Will Ryan come back and be a good father to the baby? Will Hank and Sarah really get married? Will they get married before Zeek dies? What if Kristina's cancer comes back? Will Joel and Julia stay together? Tbh, I haven't seen the last and final episode that aired today #nothavingcableproblems #andimalsoputtingitoffbecauseidonteverwantthisshowtoend so maybe all of these questions of mine will get answered, but what if they don't? And I have to wonder forever? Okay, I'll stop now. But first...
Fun fact. A woman I used to babysit for just had twin babies and her twin babies were on last weeks episode of Parenthood!!!!!!!! They were used as Amber's babies in the birthing scene (one of the many scenes that I bawled my eyes out during)...(Wait, when am I not crying while watching Parenthood?)
If you want a good cry and an overall good feeling about life, watch Parenthood. It's on Netflix. Give it a gander!
"Just because you do the breaking, doesn't mean it doesn't break your heart too."- This has been a major down the past few weeks. I know it's socially unacceptable to talk about a break up over social media, but maybe if we all talked a little bit more about our hardships, we'd feel less alone in this life. Breaking up with this amazing person was tougher than any other break up I've had, because this guy did nothing wrong and he is so great. I almost wish he had had yelled at me or cheated or SOMETHING. That would make it easier for me to get over him! But lo and behold, he is one of the best guys I have ever met. I wrote three ginormous paragraphs about how wonderful he is, on another blog post that I was going to share, but I thought I'd save you my heartbreak saga. Although I do love and care for this person so deeply, it just didn't feel right to continue dating him. But I hope he knows that my heart is breaking too and that I will always care about him. I think about him daily and hope he's happy, because he deserves happiness more than anyone I know. I've never met anyone so positive during their trials, hardworking, patient, kind, and caring as him. He's the guy that taught me that I'm worth being treated well, and for that, I'll forever be grateful. I've never had such a loyal, selfless, and fun best friend and I'll just keep on missing him because he's easy to miss and impossible to forget.
Work overload- Work overload is actually a good thing, so alas, we've come to an UP in the crazy life of Coral. Right when I got back from college, I was offered two nannying jobs from two of my past Young Women's leaders (church youth group leaders) that I look up to so much! I feel so much gratitude for them reaching out to me. I love spending time with their kids and it has also been a huge help with saving money for upcoming events in my life (school, travel, etc.)
So back up quite a bit. Right when I got back to San Diego, I emailed a lady in my old ward about working at her frozen yogurt shop. She said she'd have some openings in February, so I waited for awhile to hear back from her. She emailed me about a week ago and I let her know that I'll be leaving in a few months (2 1/2 months) and she said that would be perfect! She said they could try to find someone to replace me during that time and that they need me right away, so there ya go, my fourth job! I'm so excited to work at this frozen yogurt shop for a few reasons...
1. If I have heard correctly, I get to wear yoga pants to work. YOGA PANTS. My comfort zone in two words is YOGA PANTS.
2. It's such a cute shop and high quality frozen yogurt...and most of it is low fat or non fat, so I'll be getting low fatter or not fatter at all.
3. I've heard that the shop I'm working in (this is a chain) is known for having people come in who give great tips!
4. I'm just excited, just because haha!
Unknown future- There are so many crazy exciting unknowns in my life right now! By unknowns, I just mean, things that I don't know are for sure happening yet because I haven't decided 100% if they are the right thing to do/I'm still waiting to be "accepted" to some of them. I know this is a very cryptic paragraph...I am just a very cryptic and mysterious woman of course, but also, I just don't want to get too excited before I know things for sure. So that's that. Soon possibly soon maybe someday when maybe soon enough answers maybe will soon come, I will maybe, very soon, announce, perhaps, what I am being cryptic about. Did you like that sentence? That was fun for me to write.
Eating healthier smaller portions and exercising has been making me feel great!- I don't really have much else to say about this, other than it's so true! I have always been used to getting serving after serving of dinner each night, but to practice some self-control and only get one or one and a half servings has done a world of wonders! I have lost weight and am feeling better in general. Exercising three times a week has also shown great results for me in the past, so I've got to get back to exercising that often.
My breakfast from this morning is pictured below. Gotta love that Naked Juice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments